U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 25-year-old male asked:

My b12 is at 200 ng/l lab reference is 130-800. i have bile acid malabsorption. is this level acceptable for everyone, or could i benefit from more ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Could use more: It would be prudent to consult your doctor for the need to take supplemental vitamin B12. It can given as an injection, a pill to be swallowed or a pill kept under the tongue. Your doctor who knows more about your health would be able to advise better.
Last updated Nov 30, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.