I work as a dog bather. all the shampoo we use contain aloe. i am allergic to aloe and now have painful rashes all over my forearms and hands. what can i use to relieve the pain and help heal the rash?

Dr. Thomas Josa
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Prevention: Having to work in conditions that are harmful to your health can be a frustrating predicament. The obvious solution is avoidance. Long non-latex gloves may be another solution. You could have an allergic contact dermatitis to aloe but it could also be non allergic due to chronic irritation from the soaps or other ingredients. You deserve to have it evaluated and RX with a good topical steroid

Last updated Nov 26, 2015