Egypt

Is it safe for my baby,if i drink dandelion root tea during breastfeeding to reduce edema?will it pass to the milk?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental and Behavioral 52 years experience
I hope you discussed: the benefits vs. risks of your progesterone & anti-prolactin medications with both your OB & your Pediatrician. Apparently, one shouldn't use dandelion tea as a diuretic for more than 3-4 weeks, nor take it with a prescribed diuretic. Since there are no studies on the " dose" of the tea, I can't tell you what %age crosses into breastmilk or how safe it is.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 29, 2015