i have what i thought was a mole on my vagina, my partner thinks it's hpv. it is not bumpy or cauliflowery but raised.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Mark Wick
Dr. Mark Wick answered
Specializes in Pathology
Mole on genitals: It needs to be examined by your doctor, and possibly biopsied.
Answered on Nov 16, 2015
48 years experience Pathology
Need to examine: It is not feasible to render an opinion without examining the lesion, and even then it may not be definitive. You doctor may wish to remove it to have the lesion examined by a pathologist. If you have not done so, get a PAP smear and request the HPV test. The viral strains that cause genital warts are different from those that cause cervical cancer. Consult this site for info: http://www.cdc.gov/STD/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm
Answered on Nov 15, 2015