PA

hello. my two year old son has a rash all over his body. no fever and it doesn't seem to be bothering him. however..of keeps spreading. he's already on an antibiotic but its not helping. i'm unsure what to do at this point especially with a seven month ol

Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 10 years experience
Hard to know: This is a difficult scenario to evaluate without more information. Since it's not bothering him, hives are not likely. Also does not seem consistent with drug reaction. Viral rash is very typical for this time of year, and these generally affect large area. Usually occur as viral illness is resolving. Another thought: rash occurs if child with epstein-barr viral illness is treated with amoxicili