I live with my parent's because of medical expenses. neither seems to understand idiopathic hypersomnia at all and will not research it. what to do?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Bernard Seif answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Ideopathic means: that the cause of your excessive sleeping has not been discovered yet, as you may know. Please seek a second opinion if you have not done so. Consider side effects of medication, depression, poor diet, as factors. Peace and good health.

Answered 11/28/2017

2k views

Dr. Andrew Berry answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Depression?: Have you yet been evaluated for depression? Hypersomnia can be one of the symptoms of depression, as well as blue mood, loss of interest in activities, etc. Also what are your feelings about being 27 years of age and still living at home? I would say find a reputable psychotherapist to discuss all of these issues with, and any others that come to mind.

Answered 5/11/2016

2k views