TX

My husband abused me for years hit me hard in the head enough to split it open several times. i had surgery to remove a tumor. can it come back?

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 65 years experience
No: repeated scalp lacerations repaired surgically is not a known contributor to malignancy. If a tumor developed by history it does not appear to be a glioblastoma since you would have had RT and knowledge of a high incidence of local recurrence. The tumor you described sounds like a scalp lesion, either benign or malignant and there is a high incidence of local recurrence depending on the path
Last updated Apr 22, 2017