MD

i have been on the same snri for fifteen years and have to take it for the rest is f my life. will it continue to work?

Dr. Krishna Kumar
Depression: I understand your concern You do not need to take SSRI Medication for rest of your life if you do not have 3 Episodes of Major Depression, even that can change with Therapy by a Psychiatrist, gradual withdrawal of SSRI Medication, Breathing and Music Relaxation. Balanced Diet, Yoga, Meditation, good sleep, Nature walks, daily exercise and Tai Chi will also decrease need for Medication..
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Provided original answer
The answer is for both SNRI and SSRI Medications.
Nov 12, 2015