Oxnard, CA

I was flossing my teeth, some some either plaque or part of my tooth came off. there's like a opening there now that i can see. no blood or pain. help?

Dr. John DeWolf
41 years experience
Exam: If what came off was calculus (tartar), that's fine. If it was tooth or filling, it's something that will need attention. Best bet is to get it checked out..
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Sounds like plaque: Regardless of what caused the problem, plaque or part of your tooth broke off, you should see a dentist for examination, cleaning and/or treatment.
Dr. Seth Black
Dr. Seth Black commented
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
The sooner the better
Nov 8, 2015
Last updated Feb 24, 2021