U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Bruceville-Eddy, TX
A 57-year-old female asked about a 66-year-old male:

Hurts in upper abdomen under right rib cage when bending. skin itches and is sensitive to touch?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marcus Free
General Surgery 29 years experience
Consider shingles: If you had chickenpox earlier in your life, you should think about shingles (Zoster infection). Check if a rash is starting and try to see if the painful/sensitive area of the skin is in a swath or rectangular area. If so, this is likely to be Zoster and you should consider visiting your doctor. If none of that applies, maybe provide more info like any lifting or recent injury...
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 8, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.