GA

i take hydroxyzine at night for sleep/allergies . i just had dental work and was given loratb. can i take 3 hours apart from one another ?

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Better not: Lortab contains codeine, which can be potentiated by hydroxyzine and lead to untoward effect as CNS depression and severe constipation for example, so you don't want that, even if you space them, either stay in your system long enough, hydroxyzine stays longer, please hold hydroxyzine till done with lortab, good that you asked, always exercise caution with multiple medications, wish you wellness