MS

i have a sharp pain in my belly button like its ripping or is being pulled. can you tell me whats wrong with my belly button??

Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 39 years experience
Belly-button pain: Belly-button (umbilical) pain may originate locally due to infection or herniation, or be "referred" from another abdominal location like the appendix. Signs/symptoms of concern include: local redness & drainage, umbilical bulging that can't be reduced with gentle pressure, fever, vomiting, change in bowels, generalized abdominal tenderness (suggests peritonitis), worsening pain.