IL

i stabbed myself with a screw gun just below my nail and cuticle and the area is numb and couldn't feel the alcohol burn when i cleaned it. every so often i feel pain raduating down my thumb. should i go get it checked out to see if i hit a nerve?

Injury: The area may be temporarily numb. However, you didn't mention your tetanus shot status. If it has been over 10 years since your last shot, you don't know when your last shot was or it has been over 5 years with a dirty wound then please seek medical care to get tetanus updated. If the wound is deep, appears infected, is continuing to bleed - would certainly get attention.

Last updated Oct 31, 2015