Georgia

i'm infected with staph aureus. i know, my bf may be colonized with a staph by kissing. can i get infected again by him when my treatment is over?

Dr. John cuong Doan
Wish I could tell: you no but yes you can get the bacteria to live on your skin again, which is impossible to guard against. You should not get infections all the time, unless there is something not 100% with your immune system -- but Staph is known to live on human skin, most of the time not causing any problems. Hopefully you will not get infections again.