Miami, FL

i am pretty much 100 percent sure that i have staph infection and would like second opinion and get on treatment asap ?

Dr. Que Chu
Dr. Que Chuanswered
General Practice 46 years experience
Staph infection: I assume you talking about treatment of skin and soft tissue due to MRSA. It depends on how severe the infection is. With small skin abscess I& D is enough. If it is a big boil then it needs I&D and oral antibiotics. In case the infection is more extensive then IV antibiotics must be used. Choice of antibiotics depends on local resistance, labs and culture results and preference of the physician.