Canada
A member asked about a 19-year-old female:

is it a bad thing that my girlfriend feels nauseous a day after sex?

Dr. Ajay Acharya
Yes...: Sex with you/ any body should not have such prolonged effect.....

Why does my boyfriend get nauseous after sex? He is 50 yrs old and this has been happening for at least 6 months. He says it last into the morning of the next day and he just feels "blah."

Dr. Joy Jackson
My : My best advice is to have him evaluated by his primary care provider. He may be dealing with a heart issue, and after strenous activity such as sex he may be symptomatic, "blah" as you put it. He should have a stress test of his heart to make sure his arteries are clear. Regardless an evaluation by his doctor is in order. Good luck.

Is it normal to feel nauseous a day after sex?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
No. Not because..: Of sex, unless you have acquired a "bug, " eaten something you disagree with, or possibly not being happy with the sex. I mean wishing you hadn't. If you continue to experience this, see a doctor, but this is not an emergency!

Last updated May 14, 2017