I have depression and it has become difficult for me to carry out my day/work. i am on antidepressants but i know that i need something changed, thank?

7 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Susan Rhoads answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Med adjustment!: It is excellent that you are seeing some one for your depression! However, the course of depression can vary over time. When current treatment is not working, call or see your doc and discuss the next step. Sometimes physical problems can aggravate depression and that possibility needs to be addressed. Or an adjustment in your meds may be needed. Also therapy is a big help.

Answered 11/28/2017

2.1k views

Several possibilitie: First of all it usually takes 3 to 4 weeks for the usual antidepressants to work. Sometimes the dosage has to be adjusted or a another medication can be tried. It is also possible that therapy should be considered or a combination of therapy and medication.

Answered 10/25/2015

2.1k views

Dr. Krishna Kumar answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Major Depression: I understand your distress. “Feeling “difficult to carry out my day/work”and being on antidepressant indicates: Depression is moderately severe and needs Therapy, Breathing and Music Relaxation, Yoga ,Meditation, Tai Chi. Or dose of Antidepressant medication is not enough. Or your depression needs different Anti-depressant. See Psychiatrist for Diagnosis of your condition and Treatment.

Answered 10/25/2015

2.1k views