Canada

i sprained my ankle last thursday really swollen bad its been almost a week and it still swollen bruised and still very sore. how bad is it u think?

Dr. David Lipkin
See a physician: Your symptoms suggest a severe sprain and there is a possibility of a fracture. You need an x-ray and a careful evaluation.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Bad to the Bone.: What is more important is just how bad your body thinks the injury is. The bruising tells you that a somewhat serious injury has occurred. The swelling is your body's way of trying to stabilize the injury so maximum healing potential can occur. The pain is reminding you that despite all efforts the body is putting forth, it is not enough. The pain is an attempt to dissuade you from further harm.