i want to know how long can i take valium 10 mg without being dependent. it is prescribed and i'm not taking more pills.

3 doctor answers
Dr. John Gaffney
24 years experience Psychiatry
Dependency: There is a difference between using diazepam as it is intended and addiction (when you take more than necessary to obtain a positive feeling). Unfortunately, there aren't any concrete rules on how long it takes. Best bet is always to take the lowest dosage of any medicine for the shortest duration possible to achieve an adequate result. Hope that helps!
Answered on Apr 12, 2016
1
Dr. John cuong Doan
Some people: take it for 2 weeks and get dependent. Some others take it for a year and not get dependent. So it depends on how your genetic makeup is and if you have an addictive personality disorder. But on average I believe 1-2 months would be all it takes to grow dependent on a substance that is well known to be addictive. Hope this helps.
Answered on Oct 15, 2015
1
Dr. Krishna Kumar
54 years experience Psychiatry
Depression, Anxiety: I understand your desire to take Valium medication for Anxiety. 10 mg is a high dose You have given information about Hiderax, irregular periods and Depression. Hiderax is for Anxiety. Irregular periods indicate stresses in your life causing anxiety and depression.. Valium does not help depression. See a Psychiatrist for diagnosis, Therapy for stress, medication effects, medication needed.
Answered on Feb 26, 2019
2