Pakistan

Pain on the back of chest and right arm.. easy fatigability esr 58 chest xray done on 11 sep showed pleural effusion on right side but is now resolved?

Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Chest pain: You probably had pleuritis with or without pneumonia. The good news is it has resolved. Since you are from Pakistan I would sincerely advise you to see a good lung specialist to make sure you don't have TB of the lungs.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Glenn Burns
Emergency Medicine 20 years experience
Tuberculosis ?: Could be several causes. TB is more common in your country and can cause pain from inflammation of pulmonary I tissue, can increase ESR and cause pulmonary effusion. Have you had a PPD test? This may be helpful but can also be positive is previously exposed but have no active infection. There is a blood test called "quantiferon gold" which is useful to help make diagnosis.
Last updated Oct 7, 2015