U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old female asked:

Hi dr.im 18 years old girl and i hav a depression problm due to this i always feel weak and i cnt concentrate on my studies what should i do?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Warren Wolfe
Family Medicine 60 years experience
Serious problem: With all of life's trials and tribulations and social pressures put upon females your age, your concerns are appropriate and unfortunately common. Please seek help now. The best thing for you to do is to consult with your family physician (preferably a female) and get a referral to a female psychologist or psychiatrist. Do not delay. There is help once you seek it.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 16 years experience
Therapy?: Have you yet tried any form of psychotherapy? Typically, the optimal combination of things to treat emotional issues such as anxiety or depression is medication (which, on your best day, is supposed to take the edge off symptoms) but the real gruntwork takes place in psychotherapist's consulting room.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 1, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.