Lindenhurst, NY

i had some sun spots on my arm and hand. 4 days,ago my dermatologist removed them with liquid nitrogen.. now the are darker and blistering, and some are darker and flat.. is this normal healing? how long will they take to go away?

Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 35 years experience
Under 2 weeks: IT Is normal for the areas to blister become darker and look almost like bloody blisters, In the course of a week they will darken dry and in most cases peel off. It can take a solid 2 weeks for the areas to clear. Just keep them clean and don't pick at them
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Avoid sun exposure for 9 months by using sunscreen or wearing protective clothing, or the scars with "sunburn" and be permanently red instead of fading to the color of your untanned skin.
Sep 29, 2015