United Kingdom
A 18-year-old male asked:

My lips swell up after drinking alcohol and big blisters that ooze and can be popped appear in my mouth?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
That's not good: If the symptoms don't resolve quickly this time, or if they spread, one can see his primary care doctor. Avoid alcoholic drinks, and watch to see if any such reactions happen over the next year. The doctor can evaluate any such reactions. If none occur over the next year, one should check with the doctor before thinking about trying any alcoholic drinks again. Alcohol is not necessary for life.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 27, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.