U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

If my mom and both grandmas had breast cancer, should i go see a doctor if i am now experiencing a lump under my right armpit?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 52 years experience
It depends: Any lump in your body requires medical attention for verification and in order to determine its significance and make a correct diagnosis. Breast cancer does occur, although very rarely, in 20 year olds, so I would advise you to get yourself examined or share this info with your family/friends who can support you and make sure that your health is OK
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 23, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.