PH

Hi doc. whats the best treatment for a burned face due to excessive towel scrubbing btw the result of my towel scrubbing is some areas on my face are darker than the rest ,i already stop this habit?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 46 years experience
I'm pleased you: recognize this as a bad habit! Of course, the BEST treatment is stopping the injury .... which you have already done. Recurrent contusion (which you are inflicting with the rubbing) can result in the darker skin/hyperpigmentation and the red inflammation. Moisturize with soothing cream, possibly containing aloe. A mild OTC cortisone dream may also help. Keeping clean and moisturized is best.
Last updated Sep 16, 2015