Hi, I was exposed to toxic mold and that mold for a year, finally I just got directed to s infectious disease doctor who prescribed me diflucan (fluconazole) ?

Dr. Joel Gallant
35 years experience in Infectious Disease
Not necessary: While some people can develop allergic reactions or respiratory symptoms with exposure to molds in the environment, including houses and buildings, this is not due to a fungal infection that would persist after you were no longer exposed, so there would no reason to take Diflucan (fluconazole). I'd suggest looking at the discussion of "toxic mold" on the CDC website.
Answered on Sep 16, 2015
1