hello i was wondering how to take care a boil on your vagina? i'm not sure its a boil but that's my guess since its red and big round bump on my inner lip of my vagina and it hurts bad. i am a very clean woman and have no diseases at all nor does my husb

2 doctor answers
Dr. Louise Andrew
45 years experience Emergency Medicine
You need to be seen.: This sounds like an infected cyst, which needs drainage to get relief of the infection and pain. It has nothing to do with cleanliness or diseases---just bad luck! Go to an ObGyn or FP or if you can't get in quickly you can go to an ED for some pain relief and a referral. Meanwhile, sit in very warm water; you can also use a hot water bottle, wear a warm washcloth or a hand warmer to the area.
Answered on Mar 9, 2018
1
Dr. Ashwin Patel
41 years experience Urgent Care
Needs surgery: This type of boil is called Bartholin's cyst infection. Unlike other infections where pus is drained by a cut, this kind of infection is taken care of by a small surgery to remove a portion of the cyst wall so that it does not come back. You might need an antibiotic with it. Please go and see an Ob/Gyn doctor right away or go to Urgent care or ER.
Answered on Jan 26, 2016
1