I have a 2 cm fracture of my knee. Where the knee meets the tibia. The fracture is on the tibial plateau. Recovery time typically how long? Is Casting typical? Been on bed rest with a knee immobilizer. When will i be able to not prop my leg up for circula

Dr. Jan Szatkowski
15 years experience in Orthopedic Surgery
It depends: Many tibial plateau fractures can be treated non operatively. Casting is not typical but often times a brace is used. Surgery is often needed for depressed and displaced tibial plateau fractures. Usually both a CT scan and x-rays are both needed to fully evaluate the fracture pattern.
Answered on Dec 18, 2018
1