Miami, FL

can you get hiv if you pop someone's pimple and blood gets on your nails? my nails are not the healthiest.

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Not quite: Wash out the blood. If open skin see a doctor if the exposure is significant for evaluation and post exposure prophylaxis
Dr. Jalal Zuberi
Blood and body fluid: One can potentially get infected with HIV with exposure to an infected person's blood or body fluid. Usually it requires a bit prolonged exposure or a single large exposure. While pus from a pimple may be considered a ' body fluid' technically, the amount of virus in a pimp,ex would be minuscule to transmit the infection with such brief exposure. An HIV antibody test in four weeks may be helpful.