Puyallup, WA

what can cause a severe, itchy, spreading rash? its on all limbs, chest, neck and upper back. started on arm. have other things w/ chest & stomach to.

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Allergies vs. inf: Allergic rash is one reason. Also, infection, usually viral may present this way. Pityriasis rosea, an interesting disease, that is common in your age group may present this way. There is a mother or herald patch, which is the first lesion to appear and then other similar, usually salmon colored lesion start spreading. There is some scaling associated with the lesions. Benign.