U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Greensburg, KS
A 34-year-old male asked:

I have 5 disk with moderate to severe spinal stenosis failed physical therapy what should i do next can this paralyze me ?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctoranswered
Rheumatology 53 years experience
See details: see a pain specialist and find out if targeted injections can help. If nothing works, surgery may be an option.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Scott Mcgovern
Orthopedic Surgery 19 years experience
Spinal stenosis : While paralysis would be especially rare, you can have significant loss of function with severe spinal stenosis. In some people, epidural steroid injections can help relieve pain. However, with multilevel severe spinal stenosis, I suggest seeing a spinal surgeon to evaluate and discuss options for your care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 28-year-old female asked:
Treatment recommendations for spinal stenosis combined with 4 bulging disk in lower lumbar?
3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 44-year-old member asked:
Are there alternative therapies for back spinal stenosis?
4 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
What are some alternative therapies for spinal stenosis?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Last updated Nov 4, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.