having serve lower back pain with muscle spasms and trouble walking also when i breath it causes more pain. what could it be and what should i do?

Dr. Edward Hellman
28 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Disc herniation: There are many possibilities, and I would not hesitate to be seen, but one of the more common things that can cause symptoms like you are describing is a herniation of a disc. The discs are cushions between the vertebrae and they can sometimes herniate and cause severe pain and spasm. This pain can be worse with deep breathing, coughing, or anything that increase the pressure in the spinal cana
Answered on Apr 23, 2016
1