NC

I've been taking celexa 20mg for 6 days and appear to be getting worse. i have a burning sensation in my chest at night and my hands are very shaky. i would like to stop using it. do you think it will be ok after only a short period (6 days)?

Dr. Glenn Skow
Yes: celexa (citalopram) is relatively safe particularly with being on the lower dose of 20 mg and for such a short period of time. Depending on what you are taking it for and what you may have tried before, there are several alternatives you may wish to discuss with your doctor.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 23, 2016