U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I have a very itchy rash that comes and goes for the last year. it is on my palm, vagina, breast and upper chest. i have been treated for everything from scabies to mrsa. it seems to get worse around my periods. however it dose come out at other times. it

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy
Obstetrics and Gynecology 47 years experience
Fungus?: Due to cravings for sugar prior to your periods, fungal infections can be aggravated. Please see a dermatologist. A biopsy may be appropriate since you sound like you have already received some medical attention.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
See dermatologist: If if gets worse around your period , it may be from Progesterone allergy. However the description is too vague to really tell. If this bothers you enough, see an allergist.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.