U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old male asked:

I have pain, in under heart area, after eating, i think it is pancrease (pancrelipase). why it could be? and how can i diagnose this symptom?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sharmila Dissanaike
General Surgery 22 years experience
May be ulcer: Could be reflux, ulcer or gallbladder disease, probably not your pancreas. You can try Pepcid (famotidine) which is over the counter; this will help reflux and ulcer symptoms.
Dr. Jarrod Kaufman
General Surgery 30 years experience
GERD: This can be gastritis , gerd or other GI issues like pancreatitis. I recommend seeing your pcp or GI doctor to begin work up and get you proper medications.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 10, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.