Is it normal to have loss of appetite after your period is finished? i usually eat a ton before my period starts. during and after i cant look at food

Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Appetite changes: Common with hormonal tides. To establish a healthy relationship with the effects of progesterone which rises after ovulation, plan your meals accordingly. Progesterone influences how women's sleep, mood and appetite. Talk to a gynecologist who is adept in treating premenstrual changes such as PMDD and sleep disturbances. I'm sorry that this physiologic event becomes the butt of sexist jokes!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
No: If you're really very overweight that's not such a terrible side effect. Now, of course, why? Do you have a doc who you have discussed this with? If not, now is the time! Get going.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017