Switzerland

My eyedoc gave me paper with title:"3d disc report ou w/ topography".there stands average thickness rnfl:right 94,left 92. what is this and is it bad?

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology 30 years experience
Optic nerve exam: This exam report is for your optic nerve of each eye. The retinal nerve fiber layer (rnfl) number is the average thickness of the nerve. In itself, each eye has an adequate thickness & is relatively similar, but the sector analysis is far more important in determining whether there is localized thinning of the nerve. Your MD would be helpful in providing this kind of information to you.

Last updated May 3, 2017