U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old female asked:

I've been bleeding for 16 days and the last two days have got extremely heavy and painful i have endometriosis do i need to see a gp?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ted Anderson
Gynecology 29 years experience
See Gynecologist: The prolonged bleeding you re experiencing is not likely due to endometriosis. This is more likely due to a hormonal issue, especially if your periods are typically irregular or if you are overweight. See your gynecologist to evaluate this further.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 12, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.