NY

Half my newborns umbilical cord fell off however some still remains...i notice a little bleeding but it now seems to be inside like a deep red inside ?

Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Umbilical cord: The umbilical cord dries up and falls off like a scab on the average by 7 to 14 days. I think the longest time that has ever been noted in the medical literature is 90 days. Think for a moment. Have you ever seen anyone at the beach with an umbilical cord? As to the slight am ought of liquid blood that you might see, the clot in there can liquefy over time. You can clean it up with hydrogen peroxi

Last updated Aug 16, 2015