Oviedo, FL

I have a very hard lump under the skin on my bikini line. it hurts when pressure is put on it. its also purple and redish. its been a month now.

Dr. John Berryman
Painful lump: By your description, and assuming that you have used a razor to shave along the bikini line, the "lump" is probably a hair follicle which is infected. this happens when shaving will open the skin and bacteria enter the hair follicle. The "lump" may also represent a sebaceous cyst, which may need to be opened. See your healthcare provider for an exam.

Last updated Jan 5, 2019