United Kingdom

I dont know if i have a boil or cyst it is next to my bikini line about 3 inches sore swollen red has a white head the lump is very hard been 9 days?

Dr.
Sin abscess: Sounds like you have an abscess that may need draining by your doctor and antibiotics prescribed. These are sometimes also called boils by patients. An abscess is a skin infection that forms a collection of pus and can feel quite hard.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Infection: You likely had an infection develop in a hair follicle that has now encased itself in a protective coating or rhine.These are usually staph, and commonly MRSA.Early on they can respond to local application of heat, which can bring the thing to the surface and let it drain. If it has been there that long it is likely in need of surgical drainage.This can be done under a local.Call and get in soon
Last updated Aug 22, 2018