Memphis, TN

male 28. worked out today, running& box jumps etc.hrs late pain in ankle and tender to touch or put pressure on. no swelling or redness.blood clot?

Dr. Seth Steber
Podiatry 27 years experience
Get checked: I doubt this is a blood clot however it is always better to play it safe and get it checked out by a foot and ankle specialist or at least your family doctor.
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Unlikely: Likely strain. Blood clots more often involve swelling. Blood clots in the area of the knee and above are those that are worrisome. All the best.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Doubt it: Blood clots are typical in the calf region not the ankle region......you might of just overdone it. Try icing your ankle and taking an NSAID like alleve or Motrin if no contraindication.