Canada

I have a big red and blotchy section on my right cheek that has some whiteheads. i can also feel it pulse. any suggestions on how to get rid of this?

Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine 47 years experience
Abscess: This sounds like a developing abscess. You need to see your GP or the ED to have it drained, unless it is really tiny. Try applying warm compresses and gentle pressure and scrub gently at the whiteheads to see if you can get anything to drain out. If you do, you can continue to use the warm compresses 6 times a day and it might go away. But if it does not drain or does not get smaller, then go
Last updated Jul 30, 2015