Kansas City, MO

hello, i'm trying to get rid of or mitigate a big red bump on my forehead that seems to be cystic acne. is there any treatment that could help?

Dr. Christopher Moeller
Dermatology 38 years experience
Acne bump: See a derm for an injection or I&D of the cyst.
Dr. Neal Schwartz
Grieving Time: Hello, Once you get a big one, my recommendation is to first GRIEVE as this lump is likely not going away in the next 48 hours. This grieving process will decrease stress and prevent the downward spiral. Then, attack it with full fury with hot compresses many times a day and dry it up a bit. You also have the option of a cortisone injection. Better prevention is key. -Dr. Neal

Last updated Mar 7, 2017