Lump in my stomach. about 2 in long. 2 inches above my belly button slightly to the left. will rise to the surface and become visible. then when mashed it's painful and will move.

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

A changeable or moveable lump in this area sounds like an umbilical hernia. If it's tender or you're not able to push it back inward, you need to be examined by an abdominal surgeon for diagnosis and treatment.

Answered Jul 12, 2018

2.5k views

Dr. Robert nemerofsky answered

Specializes in Surgery

By your description it sounds as if you may have a ventral hernia. I would like to know if you ever had any surgery in the past, including laparoscopic surgery. Frequently, with laparoscopic surgery a small incision is made around the umbilicus (belly button) and it is not uncommon that a piece of omentum (fat from inside the bell) or bowel could get caught. I would recommend a surgical evaluation

Answered Mar 15, 2016

2.5k views