What should i do about my belly pain? i could feel a lump in my stomach just to the right below my belly button. i can no longer feel it and i have this horrible stomach pain in that area. it was just to the touch before , but now it is constant. my bl

Dr. Cheryl Winchell
You : You are describing pain where people with appendicitis localize their symptoms. If you were seen early on in the process, a ct and blood count could both miss the diagnosis. Since you posted your question 3 days ago, i assume things have gotten worse if you have appendicitis. Sometimes the appendix is located posteriorly behind the cecum and a ruptured appendix seals off creating an abscess. Patients with retrocecal appendicitis are often difficult to diagnose and the diagnosis is missed on the initial evaluation. If you are still having pain, you need to be re-evaluated. If examination is suggestive of a surgical abdomen, you should have exploratory surgery regardless of the ct results. Physicians have become too dependent on imaging results and surgeons may wait too long to go in, resulting in a more complicated post surgical course and more morbidity.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016