when i pee my lower area hurts?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Lower and pain: could be an infection of bladder. Could be an irritation of the meatis or of the vulva. Use a mirror to examine yourself. If you have an external irritation sit in a tub of clean water, no bubble bath! If there is no sign of external irritation you may well have an internal infection. Drink lots of water. 85% cure in 3 days. Otherwise need antibiotic.
Answered on Jul 24, 2015
1
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
True if a UTI, might clear soon with fluids etc. But if external dysuria, there's elevated concern about vulvar irritation, etc, which could be due to conditions that need prompt exam for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment, especially herpes. Examining for lesions is definitely a good idea.
Jul 24, 2015
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Genital infection?: Hmm... I'm not sure what you mean by "lower area", but I'm wondering if you have "external dysuria", i.e. pain when urine contacts labia, vaginal opening, etc. "Internal dysuria", i.e. in the urine passage, usually is due to urinary tract infection, but external is often due to other genital infections, like yeast, herpes, and other STDs. See a doctor ASAP to check it out. Good luck!
Answered on Jul 24, 2015
1