El Centro, CA

I have had enlarged supraclavicular and posterior cervical lymph nodes for 3 years. since i've had them so long do you think they aren't serious?

Dr. Ernest Degidio
It is worrisome: Lymph nodes swell when there is something wrong. It can be something as simple as a sinus infection or as serious as cancer, HIV/AIDS, or syphilis. The only way to decide if is is "serious" is to determine what is causing it. Three years of supraclavicular lymphadenopathy would make me worry about the possibility of lymphoma (a type of blood cancer). See your doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Last updated Jul 19, 2015