PA

my son takes vyvanse and has for about a year and a half...lately he has been very anxious and worried about things beyond his control...anziety i get but things beyond his control (someone breaking in because it was on the news, accidents where someone h

Dr. Michael Welsh
Clinical Psychology 18 years experience
ADHD and Anxiety: Fears that are irrational are common throughout out childhood. I wouldn't think this is a side effect of his medication as he has been on the medication for awhile. If his fears continue on a regular basis and seem to impact his functioning, it would be helpful for him to talk to a therapist. ADHD and anxiety can sometimes occur together. ADHD and anxiety are treatable.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017