IL

i have a real hard calus on my big toe and it hurts almost to the point of tears. under the calus almost looks like a blood blister. is this serious?

Dr. Steven Hebert
Pathology 29 years experience
Wart?: Sounds like you may have a wart. See your doctor.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Be seen: Not serious to the extent of likely being life threatening, but if you are in so much pain as actually being to the point of tears, I would get it looked at and treated. There are multiple potential possibilities, but most have pretty simple treatment options.
Dr. Matthew Davis
Podiatry 13 years experience
Get Checked Out: If it looks like a blood blister is forming would be good idea to be examined, many times a pressure ulcer can form beneath.
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Not necessarily: It can be very painful. Apply emollient cream, wear soft shoes, soak in warm water and use pumice stone to scrub area. See your foot doctor or podiatrist
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Pressure protection.: Having a callus on the toe is just not specific enough to understand your problem enough to offer a solution. The callous is usually on the bottom or medial side of the toe, but it can vary. It is typically caused by abnormal pressure applied over a period of time. The skin hardens to protect the underlying tissue. A foreign body or virus might also be considered. An examination would be best.